Haivision to exhibit latest ISR video streaming solutions at DSEI 2017 in London from September 12-15
WASHINGTON, D.C. – September 12, 2017 – Haivision, a market leader in enterprise video and streaming solutions, today announced the appointment of industry veteran John Leipper to drive their defense market strategy, reinforcing their leadership in the ISR market, specifically focused on full motion video (FMV) and Motion Imagery applications supporting advanced KLV metadata workflows.
Deployed by defense organizations worldwide, Haivision’s rugged, compliant and low-latency video solutions for ISR deliver standards-based and interoperable FMV from any sensor to any operator, analyst or decision maker, on any device. Building on a 10 year legacy of support for ISR workflows, Haivision continues to support both legacy networks and innovate with HEVC and mobile video delivery (OTM) requirements.
John Leipper joins the company as the director of product strategy, defense, bringing to the company more than 12 years of systems engineering experience in geospatial motion imagery workflows from airborne vehicles. Prior to Haivision, Leipper served as a project engineer for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems and guided early standards development for marrying geospatial metadata with video which has been adopted by MISB and STANAG standards bodies. He also aided integration of metadata-enabled video into the General Atomics fleet of vehicles (Predator, Reaper, and Sky Warrior). Leipper continued his career with 2d3 Sensing and Insitu Inc. (a Boeing company) to further support remote sensing workflows to maximize intelligence extracted from imagery enhanced with geospatial data in commercial drone use cases.
At Haivision, Leipper will drive the continued development of solutions that support end-to-end ISR workflows and use-cases, focussing on low latency performance, metadata handling, compliance to standards, and interoperability with eco-system partners. Specific workflows include advanced video encoding within ISR platforms, the backhaul of full motion video across LOS, BLOS, and private networks, and the distribution of in-context video for situational awareness (SA), processing, exploitation & dissemination (PED), and common operation picture (COP) applications in command and control facilities.
DSEI 2017 From September 12-15, Haivision will exhibit its FMV solutions at stand N4-142 at DSEI 2017 (London, UK), the world’s largest fully integrated international defense exhibition featuring land, sea, and air products and technologies.
Haivision’s ISR Product Portfolio
Ruggedized video appliances for extreme environments:
- Makito XCR (Compact Rugged) Encoder: Supporting 4 HD inputs and 8 encoded stream outputs, the Makito XCR combines the unrivaled low latency and performance of Haivision’s commercial Makito X 3G/HD/SD-SDI/Composite (NTSC/PAL) H.264 encoder in a completely ruggedized MIL-STD-810G/DO-160G compliant form-factor with full KLV/CoT metadata support.
- Kraken CR (Compact Rugged) Encoder/Transcoder: All-in-one full motion video (FMV) HD H.264/HEVC encoder/transcoder is designed for on the move bandwidth constrained applications with size and weight limitations. The Kraken CR leverages next generation encoding/transcoding to get the highest picture quality out of available bandwidth for situational awareness and command & control (C2) video.
HEVC encoders and transcoders to maximize the quality of ISR feeds over available SATCOM bandwidth:
- Makito X HEVC Encoder: Transports secure, high quality, extreme low latency, live HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264 video over any network at extremely low bit rates. Offering the award-winning features of the Makito X encoding platform but now with an additional HEVC encoding engine, Makito X HEVC is the ideal encoder for defense organizations for live, bandwidth constrained streaming and distribution applications.
- Kraken H.264/HEVC Transcoder: Haivision’s high quality, low latency, real-time video encoder and transcoder provides ISR compliance and interoperability for geospatial metadata enabled video systems. The Kraken transcoder is designed for high performance live video transcoding, taming mission-critical video streams for satellite backhaul via constrained datalinks, enterprise distribution, and delivery to mobile devices.
Real-time video distribution solutions for live and recorded FMV with KLV metadata display:
- Haivision Media Gateway: Streaming management solution to bridge networks and distribute video streams.
- Haivision Media Platform: Media management solutions for multi-stream recording and distribution of live and on-demand video to desktops, mobile devices, and set-top-boxes.
Low latency backhaul over any network with Secure, Reliable Transport (SRT) technology:
- SRT-optimized: Haivision’s solutions use SRT, Haivision’s open source video transport protocol that optimizes bandwidth utilization and delivers secure, high quality and low latency live video over any network, ensuring secure streams, pristine quality and low latency.
Haivision, a private company founded in 2004, provides media management and video streaming solutions that help the world’s leading organizations communicate, collaborate and educate. Haivision is recognized as one of the most influential companies in video by Streaming Media and one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. Haivision is headquartered in Montreal and Chicago, with regional offices located throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and South America. Learn more at haivision.com.