Makito X4 features the highest available 4K UHD and HD encoding density and exceptional video quality, ideal for live broadcast contribution, remote production, enterprise, and defense applications
MONTREAL, CANADA – February 5, 2019 – Haivision, a market leader in video streaming technologies, today announced the next generation Makito encoder – the Makito X4 4K UHD HEVC/H.264 Video Encoder. The Makito X4 is based on Haivision’s all new MX4 HEVC/H.264 programmable 8 core encoding engine that delivers pristine broadcast quality and the highest available density.
The Makito X4 Video Encoder features:
- 4K UHD: 4K UHD or quad HD support at a full 60 frames per second
- Highest available encoding density: Up to 84 HD inputs (or 21 4K/UHD inputs) and 168 encoding cores in a single 4RU chassis
- Exceptional broadcast quality video: HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264 live encoding supporting 4:2:2 10 bit color
- Ultra low latency: Ideal for remote interactive applications such as live interviews and remote production (REMI) applications
- 8 encoding cores: Flexibility to deliver HEVC or H.264 streams at multiple bitrates to multiple locations
- Compact form factor and low power: Less than 30 watts per encoder blade and less than 8 watts per HD channel of high performance encoding
- Native SRT support: Haivision’s Emmy Award winning Secure Reliable Transport for delivering low latency video over public internet connections
- Stream Sync: Technology enabling HD/UHD remote production (REMI) workflows
“Broadcasters are thirsty for content and new ways to reduce costs, and need to have their eye on 4K content workflows,” said Peter Maag, chief marketing officer at Haivision. “We developed the Makito X4 in part to allow broadcasters to centralize their high value production teams and to reduce on-site event investments whether working in HD or 4K.”
The Makito X4 Video Encoder builds on the heritage and capabilities of the Makito video encoder and decoder product line that boasts over 50,000 units shipped throughout the broadcast, enterprise, and defense markets. The Makito X was the first product to support Haivision’s revolutionary SRT protocol, now open source, that extends high performance broadcast workflows over internet-based networks.
The Makito X4 offers an extensible, future-proof platform that is built to adapt to the technology drivers in the broadcast industry with support for HDR, SMPTE 2110, and other advanced video encoding features to come in future releases.
The Makito X4 general availability is planned for April 2019. To request a demonstration of the new Makito X4 video encoder, visit haivision.com.
Haivision is the leader in live video streaming technologies, providing more than 25,000 organizations globally with video solutions that help them stream broadcast-quality, low-latency video from anywhere. Founded in 2004, Haivision is a profitable, privately held company with headquarters in Montreal and Chicago, and regional offices located throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle-East and APAC. To help solve the world’s most difficult video streaming challenges, Haivision open sourced its award winning SRT low latency video streaming protocol in 2017 and founded the SRT Alliance, which now has more than 170 industry leading companies supporting this new standard. Awarded an Emmy® for Technology and Engineering from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Haivision is also recognized as one of the most influential companies in video by Streaming Media and one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. Learn more at haivision.com.