Hear from experts about solving real world challenges using the SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) protocol and see SRT-enabled solutions at 13 NAB exhibits
Montreal, Canada – April 3, 2018 – The SRT Alliance, supporting the SRT Open Source Project, announces a free panel discussion at NAB 2018 featuring experts from ESPN, the NFL, Microsoft, Collabora and Azzurro Group.
The panel will discuss development experiences with and aspirations for the SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) protocol and technology that is quickly becoming the de facto standard for high performance video contribution and distribution over the internet. Haivision, an SRT Alliance founder and the original developer of the SRT technology, is hosting and moderating the event. To register to the panel, RSVP here.
NAB SRT Panel Discussion: Low Latency Video Streaming Over Public Networks with SRT – A Community Perspective
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 10 at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Westgate Las Vegas Hotel, Ballroom D (near LVCC North Hall)
Registration Page: https://events.srtalliance.org/nab2018/srtpanel
Panel Description: This session will explore how open source SRT delivers reliable and secure low latency video over unpredictable networks like the public internet. Panelists will discuss how their experiences with SRT, share ideas for improvements to the technology, and talk about the future of SRT in broadcast and video streaming services.
- Glenn Scanlon, Senior Director – Transmission, ESPN
- John Cave, VP Information Technology, NFL
- Jeff Tyler, Digital Media Experience Lead, Microsoft
- Olivier Crête, Multimedia Domain Lead, Collabora
- Dave Lanton, VP Technology, Azzurro Group
- Peter Maag, Chief Marketing Officer, Haivision (Moderator)
SRT Ready Solutions in Action at NAB 2018
At NAB, many vendors that have already productized SRT within their products will be demonstrating their solutions, including:
- BlueFrame Technology – SU14101: Production Truck software and vCloud streaming service
- CamStreamer – N2632SUL-B: AXIS IP camera streaming services
- Churchill Navigations – C12028: Earthscape Video Management and ION Airborne Digital Video Recorder/Encoder
- Collabora – N2908VR: GStreamer on ARM development board with Haivision KB Max 4K encoder
- D2D Technologies – SU9226: D2Flex 3000 Gateway
- Haivision – Renaissance Hospitality Suites – Ren Deluxe – F: Makito X Series of Encoders/Decoders, KB Series of Encoders/Transcoders, Haivision Play, Haivision Media Gateway
- Lumens – C159: VC-A50P / VC-A50PN PTZ Camera
- Matrox – SL4524: 4K with Maevex 6100 Series & Mura IPX Series
- StreamGuys – N3824 (Enco Booth) – CDN with SRT Support
- Teradek – C9544, C6025: Cube, Slice, and T-Rax encoders
- Tulix- SU9108CM: Fully managed OTT streaming services
- Wowza Media Systems – SU11010: Wowza Streaming Engine
About the SRT Alliance
SRT is an open source video transport protocol and technology stack, developed and pioneered by Haivision, that optimizes streaming performance across unpredictable networks with secure streams and easy firewall traversal, bringing the best quality live video over the worst networks. The SRT Open Source Project, driven by the SRT Alliance, is a collaborative community of industry leaders and developers striving to achieve lower latency internet video transport by continuously improving open source SRT. For more information about the project and how to join the SRT Alliance, visit srtalliance.org.