Atlassian (JIRA) Administrator
As a member of the Business Systems team, you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and evolution of our Atlassian suite of products (currently Jira Premium, Confluence, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management and Bitbucket). You are a self-learner passionate with getting the most out of systems though user adoption and alignment with business processes.
As an Atlassian Systems Administrator you will be expected to:
- Administer Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket at the system level (not just project level) and apps such as Xray and ScriptRunner.
- Administer, configure, and support projects, spaces, permissions, users, roles, reporting, dashboards, custom fields, issue security, via scripting, add-ons, and the REST API
- Create workflows, validators, and post functions, project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes and provide ongoing support and configuration maintenance.
- Create and manage users, groups, projects, and user permissions.
- Create Jira project, JQL queries, filters, dashboards and reports as required
- Troubleshoot access and/or performance issues, engaging Atlassian and/or app vendor support when necessary.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Atlassian suite of tools, keep abreast of new features and functionality and promote best practices for the usage of Atlassian tools
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Interact with Project Managers, Managers, Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Practice Teams, Stakeholders to gather requirements and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Research, test, and implement new Atlassian products and apps.
- Understand system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Management of Information Systems (MIS), IT or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a JIRA and Confluence Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language).
- Experience with one or more of these Atlassian product : Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Advance Roadmap, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management, Bitbucket, Xray, Atlas, Compass, Discovery.
- Hands-on experience using JIRA REST APIs for integration with other tools like Jenkins, and Integration/Automation frameworks, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interactive when online.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French and English).