Quality Assurance Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist who will contribute to several projects according to his/her experience level and skill set. As part of the QA team, the candidate will be asked to work closely with engineers and business experts to enhance existing software and embedded systems products, as well as to develop new product offerings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with product management, customer engineering and engineering teams as an active participant in all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Actively participate in the design of new features and functionality as a champion of high levels of product quality, ease of use, and reliability.
- Work as a member of an agile software development team; provide timely validation of new features and functionality during each development iteration.
- Collaborate with software developers and customer support engineers to identify, document and resolve product defects.
- Develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases during the development stages.
- Help to determine the degree of regression testing to ensure successful product releases.
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to refine and improve the company’s test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2-5 years of experience doing software QA for complex systems (e.g. software applications or embedded systems).
- Experience writing black box, white box and web/GUI test cases; designing tests to identify and mitigate risks; helping business experts define requirements.
- At least one year of experience with some scripting or programming language and/or test automation tool.
- Ability to use basic UNIX commands.
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team, determining your own day-to-day tasks.
- Experience collaborating with software engineers and business experts.
- Strong understanding of data networks, and experience troubleshooting network-related issues.
- Knowledge of computer audio/video standards (e.g. MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and AAC) and media streaming protocols (e.g. MPEG-TS and RTMP).
- Basic experience writing SQL queries and INSERT/UPDATE statements, and a basic grasp of PostgreSQL or another relational database.
- Experience with measurement equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, frequency meter, signal synthesizer, spectrum analyzer, etc.).
- Experience with Automation (Selenium, TestComplete, etc.).
- Autonomous, self-motivated, proactive team player with great attention to detail.
- Competitive base salary.
- Healthcare and dental coverage.
- Retirement savings program.
- Great work environment & other perks!