Pro Tips for Play Pro: How to Share Groups of Streams Across Your Organization
Are you looking for an easy way to use the SRT protocol in your video streaming workflows? Haivision Play Pro is a free mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to watch live SRT feeds and even contribute live SRT streams directly from your mobile device. In our Pro Tips for Play Pro blog series, we’ll guide you through what you need to know in order to make the most out of Play Pro, including:
- How to watch low latency SRT streams on your mobile device with QuickPlay
- How to group multiple feeds into custom lineups to access streams all in one place
- How to use your mobile device as a live source for video contribution
- How to export custom lineups to share groups of streams across your organization
- How to easily configure and share Play Pro app settings using Playmaker
We previously covered grouping feeds into custom Channel Lineups. Now let’s go over how to easily send these lineups to multiple people.
Exporting Lineups to Share Groups of Streams with your Organization
To make it easier for your team to use Play Pro, you can also export lineups to other devices with Play Pro installed. Typically, users share lineups with talent, production personnel and decision makers so they can always monitor live SRT feeds, no matter where they are. Once lineups are created, the lineup file can be exported and sent by email or text message to your team members. You can also host a channel list on a web server and distribute it via URL. If you update this centralized list, the changes are picked up by everybody who has imported it!
To export a channel lineup, here’s what you need to do:
- From the Home screen, tap Go to the Browser
- Swipe right to reveal the Browser menu
- Tap Add or Modify, then tap Export on the bottom left
- Select the lineup that you want to export and tap Export again on the bottom right
- (If you choose to Add Passphrase, users will be prompted to sign in with the passphrase when importing the lineup for additional security)
- Tap Yes and then choose a way to distribute the file (email, SMS, etc.)
When the recipient clicks on the attached lineup, they will be presented with the option to import it into their Play Pro app!
Haivision Play Pro – The Definitive, FREE, Mobile SRT Player
The SRT Protocol protects against jitter, packet loss and bandwidth fluctuation, ensuring the best possible viewing experience – even over unpredictable networks like the public internet. With Play Pro, experience the reliability and resiliency of SRT on your mobile device, no matter where you are!