Pro Tips for Play Pro: Configure and Share Play Pro App Settings Using Playmaker
Are you looking for an easy way to use the SRT protocol in your video streaming workflows? Haivision Play Pro is a free mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to watch live SRT feeds and even contribute live SRT streams directly from your mobile device. In our Pro Tips for Play Pro blog series, we’ll guide you through what you need to know in order to make the most out of Play Pro, including:
- How to watch low latency SRT streams on your mobile device with QuickPlay
- How to group multiple feeds into custom lineups to access streams all in one place
- How to use your mobile device as a live source for video contribution
- How to export custom lineups to share groups of streams across your organization
- How to easily configure and share Play Pro app settings using Playmaker
Let’s finish the series by looking at the Playmaker online tool:
Tie it all Together With Playmaker
Playmaker is an online tool designed to help easily configure and share Play Pro app settings. Playmaker can configure SRT Caller Mode settings in the form of a URL or QR code. Imagine a news anchor is on their day off and sees breaking news unfolding in real-time in front of them. With Playmaker, an engineer at the studio can quickly generate streaming configurations to send out to the remote anchor and play configurations to collaborators so that everyone can be up and running with a single click.
Stream settings can be sent to the anchor so that they can stream what’s unfolding back to an SRT-enabled production suite or decoder at the studio. At the same time, Play settings can be sent out from the production suite or a Makito X4 video encoder to an SRT Gateway for distribution to at-home directors, remote artists and editors, as well as to any producers or reviewers. Playmaker facilitates collaborative workflows while eliminating the guesswork so that users don’t need to configure Play Pro themselves.
To generate SRT Caller Mode settings in the form of a URL or QR code using Playmaker, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to www.haivision.com
- Under Resources, click on Play Pro Settings Tool
- Click on Stream or Play to choose which action you will generate settings for
- Enter the URL or IP Address and then the Port
- (If you are generating Stream settings, set the Video Bitrate, Audio Bitrate, Resolution, and Frame Rate, and then choose your codec – either H.264 or HEVC)
- Click on Share Your Settings and either copy the URL or right click on the QR code and choose Save Image As… to save the QR code to your computer.
When the recipient clicks on the attached lineup, they will be presented with the option to import it into their Play Pro app!
Haivision Play Pro – The Definitive, FREE, Mobile SRT Player
The SRT Protocol protects against jitter, packet loss, and bandwidth fluctuations, ensuring the best possible viewing experience – even over unpredictable networks like the public internet. With Play Pro, experience the reliability and resiliency of SRT on your mobile device, no matter where you are!