Pro Tips for Play Pro: How to Group Multiple Feeds into Custom Lineups
Are you looking for an easy way to use the SRT protocol in your video streaming workflows? Haivision Play Pro is a free mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to watch live SRT feeds and even contribute live SRT streams directly from your mobile device. In our Pro Tips for Play Pro blog series, we’ll guide you through what you need to know in order to make the most out of Play Pro, with blog posts outlining:
- How to watch low latency SRT streams on your mobile device with QuickPlay
- How to group multiple feeds into custom lineups to access streams all in one place
- How to use your mobile device as a live source for video contribution
- How to export custom lineups to share groups of streams across your organization
- How to easily configure and share Play Pro app settings using Playmaker
Let’s take a look at Channel Lineups.
Setting Up Local Channel Lineups to Save Multiple Feeds
Play Pro’s Local Channel Lineup feature is useful for grouping multiple feeds into custom lists, giving you the ability to save and recall feeds later with ease. Think of Channel Lineups as a personal playlist in Play Pro for the live feeds you need to which you need to have access. You can group feeds from multiple productions or locations with different Local Channel Lineups to easily organize and differentiate between live multi-viewers, on-air program feeds and more.
To set up a Local Channel Lineup, here’s what you need to do:
- From the Home screen, tap Configure your Services
- Select Add Services
- Tap the + icon above Set up a Local Lineup Channel List
- Select an Icon and then click Next
- Tap Add to begin adding channels to the lineup by setting each channel function to either Play or Stream
- When you’re done, tap Save to finish
You now have access to entire Local Channel Lineups directly on your mobile device!
Share Lineups Across Your Organization
Channel Lineups can also be created by an admin and shared with team members across your organization, so they don’t have to configure all the parameters themselves. This gives your staff an easy way to monitor multiple feeds all in one place, for convenient on-the-go access to streams right from their phones. And non-technical users don’t have to worry about configuration settings. We’ll cover this topic in another blog post.
Haivision Play Pro – The Definitive, FREE, Mobile SRT Player
The SRT Protocol protects against jitter, packet loss and bandwidth fluctuation, ensuring the best possible viewing experience – even over unpredictable networks like the public internet. With Play Pro, experience the reliability and resiliency of SRT on your mobile device, no matter where you are!