Platform extended to perform in enterprise, military, medical and education environments
MONTREAL, CANADA — October 22, 2014 — Haivision, an enterprise video technology company, today announced the latest release of its multi-source media recording and distribution platform, Calypso. With the new release, the platform has been designed to perform in broader applications for situational awareness, training and research in the enterprise, military, medical and education environments.
A powerful and scalable media recording, management and distribution platform, Calypso captures and shares HD video content in real-time for mission-critical decision making and post-event contextual review. The expanded platform and latest release bring increased performance, enhanced security, more access control, and new metadata tools:
- Multi-Source ReStream and Trick Play: Create powerful viewing environments for situational review and analysis – users can cue, play, and pause multi-source sessions to a specific time in the recording and replay this selection into review environments.
- Network Attached Storage: Enterprises can now accommodate and secure large content libraries.
- Up to 50 Sources per Session: Capacity dramatically expanded to accommodate the most complex situational review and analysis.
- Real-Time KLV Metadata: Customize and dynamically display KLV metadata in context with associated video/audio streams for applications such as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR).
“Calypso’s early broad-scale adoption within the medical education segment was highlighted by landmark installations at universities such as Nationwide Children’s Hospital, University of Toledo and Michigan State University,” said Peter Maag, CMO of Haivision. “Since its initial launch, Calypso has matured to address the growing needs of the enterprise to capture and share video content. Now, the power of the Calypso platform has evolved to help people work better with video across all industries.”
The Calypso platform features:
- Recording Performance: Calypso can capture up to 50 HD sources simultaneously. Users can monitor sessions with a low latency multi-view interface, choose to record any or all of the contributing streams, assign metadata to sessions, sources, or events in real-time, and elect to share sessions or remove viewing privileges at any time. Once captured as an asset, sessions can be made available to specific audiences as full resolution multi-stream video-on-demand.
- Real-Time Monitoring and Sharing: Calypso puts the power of real-time content sharing into the hands of those responsible for monitoring the events. Users can quickly identify sources, associate them together into contextual sessions, and immediately share the multi-view high resolution session with the intended audience. Users can share video content with off premise viewers by exporting videos directly to the Haivision Video Cloud to easily manage, publish and distribute content online.
- Real-Time Access Control: Calypso features fully customizable roles and permissions to support secure, site specific workflows. Administrators can share live and on-demand content instantly by creating different roles, rights and permissions for users, allowing them to share, contribute to and view specific content.
- Extensive Metadata Capabilities: Advanced assessment is based on understanding aggregated information sources – multiple points of view sourced from different cameras, computers, and other data-driven content systems. Calypso’s multi-source capabilities combined with real-time metadata tools give users the capacity to tag, search and discover – revealing the true context of complex events.
Haivision delivers end-to-end solutions for streaming, encoding, recording, managing, and distributing secure video and interactive media within the enterprise, education, medical/healthcare, and federal/military industries. Haivision is a private company based in Montreal and Chicago with regional offices in Austin, Tx; Atlanta, Ga.; Portland, Or.; Washington D.C. and Hamburg, Germany. With a global sales and support organization, Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.