Warehouse Receiver and Inventory Clerk
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Warehouse Receiver and Inventory Clerk (WRIC) is responsible for the reception, inspection and placement of shipments, and for ensuring warehouse inventory is properly tracked, organized, and maintained via an automated inventory management system. The WRIC will also spend about 30% of the time assisting the Production team with various inventory and preparation tasks.
- Unload, receive, identify, and scan shipments in accordance with the electrostatic discharge policy, and place them in their designated warehouse locations.
- Conduct inspection of shipments to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Report all shipment discrepancies or unresolved shipment delays or problems to the manager.
- Haul pallets to storage locations using a forklift or other material-handling equipment.
- Organize inventory to reduce margins and improve shelf-space efficiency.
- Manage warehouse space to accommodate incoming and outgoing inventory shipments.
- Maintain a secure and mobile operating space.
- Process returns for any defective or incorrect items.
- Participate in inventory cycle counts.
- Report discrepancies between physical counts and computer records.
- Develop or improve upon inventory management procedures.
- Check inventory to maintain stock levels or alert management before inventory is low.
- Load finished orders into appropriate trucks for outgoing shipments and create correct shipment sleeves and bill of lading for appropriate drivers.
- Prepare materials kits for the Production team and replenish their inventory as needed.
- Prepare materials for vendor re-work and purchase orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a receiving and inventory management role.
- Valid forklift driver’s license, an asset.
- Being highly organized and having a keen attention to detail are absolute musts.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate a great deal of autonomy, proactivity and leadership.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
- Experience with Accpac or similar Inventory Management System considered a definite asset.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to manage small projects.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Possess the physical strength necessary to lift and move up to 40-pound boxes.
- Time will be spent in a stockroom, warehouse, or loading dock, receiving and transporting deliveries.
- Moderate to heavy physical labour such as lifting and moving heavy items is required on a regular basis.
- Temperature in the warehouse or dock varies according to external climate.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!