Vice President – Marketing
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Marketing is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of Haivision’s marketing initiatives and branding efforts to achieve short and long-term organizational goals. The successful candidate is adept at reacting quickly to the changing market conditions and competitive dynamics and must reshape, as needed, the company’s strategy and execution plans based on real-time market scenarios.
The VP of Marketing’s primary responsibility is to facilitate growth and increase sales by developing a comprehensive marketing plan that will promote brand recognition and help the organization gain a competitive advantage. This includes increasing measurable ROI and optimizing the sales and marketing funnel through a robust lead generation strategy.
This individual should have a successful track record of establishing and leading a marketing strategy in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate has significant expertise building brand awareness and being a thought leader with the ability to execute scalable strategies that drive impactful results.
- Define, implement, and manage Haivision’s marketing strategy for optimal performance and results.
- Responsible for conceiving and implementing successful marketing campaigns from channel, to ad unit, to landing page, to purchase experience, to lifetime value across all viable channels.
- Responsible for lead generation and sales enablement, and partners tightly with the VP of Sales to feed a complex and lengthy go-to-market machine.
- Responsible for tracking and improving key subscription metrics: CAC, LTV, Churn, Payback Period, etc.
- Evolve and enhance the company’s analytics and split-testing capabilities by using current tools and implementing new tools that will help identify critical information used to drive business decisions. Tools include, but are not limited to, platforms, data sources and attribution models.
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies.
- Direct Product Marketing in developing product-specific marketing materials and messaging (including presentations for customers, demos, and use cases); enabling sales (including capturing case studies); and developing the competitive strategy.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Spearhead the company’s event strategy and provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events.
- Craft messaging and positioning in the market; conduct competitive and market analysis to determine and highlight Haivision’s key differentiators.
- Build, further develop, and leverage relationships with industry media to evangelize the Haivision brand, mission, and movement in the market.
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan, create, and launch creative campaigns and compelling stories around Haivision announcements and initiatives that resonate with audiences.
- Lead customer-centric thinking and craft programs to meet those target markets.
- Establish goals and create strategy for meeting marketing deliverables and metrics; work with marketing directors to establish team and individual goals and metrics.
- Attend and speak at industry events to evangelize the Haivision brand.
- Work closely with VP of sales to enhance and align efforts, and collaborate with the sales team to turn marketing insights into sales.
- Be an effective leader and ensure all marketing programs are successful, metrics-driven, and goal-oriented.
- Translate business priorities into marketing strategies and tactics in conjunction with other teams to achieve broad financial and strategic goals.
- Lead analysis across all platforms and channels to measure overall performance drivers, including calendar optimization, steering decisions, and conversion optimization. This includes solving unstructured problems using complex data and moving past simple insights into actionable recommendations.
- Establish motivating stretch objectives for team members that align with company objectives. Encourage coaching and mentoring, focus on the development needs of employees and ensure collaboration and teamwork.
- Research and assess the market and the company’s position in it, and determine how and where the company should be positioned in the future.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in high-growth, B2B or SaaS-based companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required, MBA preferred.
- Track record of development and execution of creative, innovative strategies to meet objectives – both short and long-term.
- Ability to anticipate, mitigate, and handle risk to top and bottom line.
- Metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data.
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual strategy and execution while still maintaining a roll-up-your-sleeves management style.
- Ability to balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics. Can quickly synthesize disparate data into a ‘position’ and craft messaging that connects with a diverse audience of stakeholders; including customers and executives
- Demonstrated ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.).
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels.
- Established track record in spearheading successful integrated product launches with measurable results.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- A hands-on, “can do” attitude, and a drive for outcome-focused performance.
- Proven ability to analyze reports, dashboards, data and other tools to make critical decisions and recommendations to help lead the company to achieve its objectives and goals.
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Excellent command of the English language.