Systems Administrator and IT Support Specialist
The Systems Administrator and IT Support Specialist is responsible for: i) establishing and maintaining the company’s global infrastructure, including PC/Desktops, servers, networks, purchases, ii) for ensuring the functioning of all systems related to IT, and iii) responding to support requests for the company’s internal customers.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrade, and resource optimization as required.
- Provide support to internal end-users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues, in person, or via phone or electronic means.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Assist in network planning, operation and troubleshooting.
- Configure, install and deploy user workstations and laptops.
- Research questions using available information resources
- Log all help desk interactions in the company’s IT ticketing system.
- Ensure the prioritization and resolution of issues.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Install equipment in racks and routing rack cabling.
- Answer general IT inquiries regarding printers, servers, e-mail, etc.
- Possibility of heavy lifting of servers and equipment, up to around 75 lbs.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of a DEC or diploma from a recognized technical college.
- 2+ years of relevant IT/IS experience.
- Solid understanding of Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard application software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Dynamic and eager to learn and grow.
- Video conferencing and audio experience considered a definite asset.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks.