Technical Support Agent
Chicago, IL and Montreal, QC
We are seeking an experienced Technical Support Agent to help us continue reshaping and supporting the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of Linux and experience with LAN/WAN video distribution technologies. IP video systems expertise, internet infrastructure, network expertise, and trouble-shooting. In particular, teamwork traits, and good customer skills are desired core abilities.
The Technical Support Agent is responsible for response, triage and engagement with incoming support cases for Customers, and assist with the smooth day-to-day functions of the Technical Support team. Support functions include addressing customer phone calls and case emails, qualifying and validating customer entitlements and provisioning, and generally performing post-sales activities focused on maintaining customer satisfaction.
Agents work with customer representatives to advise on the triage of reported issues or desired functionality, and providing solutions to customers. As Agents gain expertise in Video ecosystems, using provided systems and services, involving hardware and/or software, additional responsibilities may include systems analysis, scripting, replication, and general video workflow consulting.
Internally, you will collaborate on a regular basis with Senior L3 Agents, Sales Engineering, and Product Management teams, to advocate for our partners’ workflows and ecosystems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as first response to incoming calls during normal work hours.
- Perform case triage, gathering information supporting the customers’ use case and reported issues, if any.
- Document all transactions with customers to develop Case data.
- Provide guidance to customers through corrective steps by identifying proper configurations, SW/FW versioning, and researching reported issues.
- Diagnose, update and fix customer issues remotely via SSH, RDP, or other remote access protocols, along with providing phone and e-mail support and guidance.
- Ensure that customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more expertise.
- Provide on-site or online technical training to partners and end-users on Haivision solutions.
- Assist with pre-sale engineering review of large projects.
- Have the availability and drive for a 10% travel requirement in support of pre-sales and post-sales situations.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- A university degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience.
- A proven history of directly supporting customer relationships, in technical applications, is required. Background in Technical Support, Account Management or Sales Engineering is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills are essential, with at least 5 years of customer facing experience.
- Strong trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong experience with the Linux operating systems, networking and network administration principles and practices.
- Hands-on expertise with UDP, TCP, and general networking principles.
- Good understanding of Real time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and HDS, and Session protocols such as SIP and STSP.
- Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies likes MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC.
- Self-starter with ability to work with a minimal supervision and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to change and openness to learn new skills as required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Very good English verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in 2nd languages, especially Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
- Availability for up to 25% ‘On-Call’ duty past business hours,
- Flexibility in scheduling workdays is required.
- Competitive base salary.
- Eligibility for Bonus plan with Elective On-Call participation.
- Great work environment & other perks!