Technical Program Manager
Canada or the US, East Coast or Mid-west regions
Haivision is seeking a Technical Program Manager with a proven track record that will work with our product management and engineering teams to deliver next generation products and cloud services.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work remotely with multiple technical teams around the world.
- Work with the project teams to create WBS (in Jira) for each new project.
- Manage multiple projects that may be related and interdependent to meet an overarching objective and the overall project lifecycle.
- Work with the project teams to track and mitigate project progress, risks, blockers, and dependencies.
- Create various project status reports and project documents in the project document portal to allow easy access for project stakeholders.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication with regularly scheduled meetings, meeting notes and action items and assisting with interactions when needed.
- Update and maintain the project schedules.
- Plan and track project resources (people and equipment).
- Establish processes and tools that help improve effectiveness in delivering projects.
- Assist in the adherence to and help improve the quality management system.
- Manage the beta testing and tracking for multiple projects.
- Establish, maintain and track metrics that will measure improvement in performance over time.
- On-boarding of new product teams/team members.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the software or hardware development industry, taking a product through its complete lifecycle.
- Experience with successfully delivering projects on time, to scope, with high quality.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work successfully across all global teams and multiple departments.
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business stakeholders, and senior business leaders.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience with project management software. Experience with JIRA and Confluence is considered an asset.
- A hands-on team player who is willing to help in any area if needed.
- PMP certification an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; French considered an asset.