Technical Pre-Sales Engineer, APAC
We are seeking an experienced and highly technical Sales Engineer for the broadcast, defense, and enterprise markets to drive revenue by managing the pre-sales technical process, assist in some post-sales technical implementation, but mainly to act as an evangelist and subject matter expert on Haivision’s portfolio of advanced network video streaming and media delivery and management platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically proficient individual with experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery, IP networking, or in the broadcast industry.
*Ideally, candidates should be fluent and have strong command of English language, located within Greater Tokyo area, and is a Japanese citizen.
- Own the technical design of Haivision solutions proposed to partners and customers.
- Become a Haivision technical evangelist, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products to both high-level decision makers and “deep-dive” technical personnel.
- Assist sales managers with overall account management within assigned accounts.
- Assist sales account managers with project management for complex presales engagements.
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical/architectural support to partners and customers.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with resellers and integrators.
- Attend and assist with the setup and operation of technical systems at regional training and tradeshows
- Provide support on-site and remote post-sale support when necessary.
- Comfortable with domestic travel, including occasional international travel when necessary.
Skill and Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong technical background with 5+ years technical pre-sales experience in computer software, IP video, encoding and decoding technologies and advanced IP networking.
- Experience in IP video delivery, particularly in the Defense or Broadcast industries strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with surveillance workflows with IP video and metadata is highly desirable.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision products to business and technical decision makers, as well as senior executives.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and excellent time management skills.
- A proven history of establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with the ability to clearly communicate and document complex technical issues is a must.
- Experience with the design and deployment of streaming media services across complex LAN/WAN topologies.
- Experience with network and computing security standards and best practices in government and commercial applications.
- Some combination of experience in designing or managing of the following:
- Linux or Mac OSX server infrastructures
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory infrastructures
- Local and wide area networks (routing/switching, wireless LAN, firewall security).
- Datalink communications (radio, microwave, SATCOM)
- Video and metadata standards (NATO STANAG)
- Ruggedization standards (MIL-STD)
- Experience troubleshooting network media streaming solutions including live transcoding servers, Internet streaming solutions with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), or multicast video distribution.
- Familiarity with video compression technologies and real-time media transport protocols, such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264, HEVC, RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH.