Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) will be responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for a broad range of positions across regions. In this newly created position, the TAS will help identify areas for improvement in current recruitment practices, processes, and policies, and contribute to the design, development, and implementation of new talent solutions. The TAS will maintain excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community at-large. A wide degree of creativity, near and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and autonomy are critical to the TAS’ success.
- Oversee the end-to-end recruitment and selection process including assessing open mandates and determining the best recruitment vehicle(s), qualifying and interviewing candidates, performing reference checks, extending and negotiating offers of employment, and coordinating administrative aspects of new hires.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding of the given mandates as well as the department culture, and use that understanding to help candidates fully understand the opportunity.
- Lead post-interview debriefs with interview teams.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of candidates through the use of social networking sites and job boards, creating and fostering relationships with educational institutions, and establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with select recruitment agencies.
- Identify conferences, job fairs, hackathons, and other career and business events that offer recruiting opportunities.
- Maximize company visibility and help build brand awareness to promote Haivision as an employer of choice.
- Use data and metrics to analyze, monitor, measure, and improve recruitment factors such as time to fill positions, identifying the most effective recruitment sources, analyzing recruitment trends and challenges etc., and provide regular status reports.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation relevant to recruitment.
- Ensure a positive candidate-experience throughout the recruitment process and act as a Haivision ambassador.
- Partner with other HR team members to create an end-to-end employee experience for new recruits.
- Work on other HR projects/tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in full lifecycle technical recruiting in the high-tech space, with at least three years of experience working in-house in a corporate environment. Agency experience considered an asset.
- Expert in full lifecycle recruiting including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, and relationship management.
- Strong understanding of the IT market with keen insight into to targeting and attracting top talent.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions.
- Experience with recruiting for international positions a must.
- Proven headhunting experience, excellent candidate sourcing and networking skills.
- Ability to process a high volume of mandates at one time.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system; having participated in the implementation of an ATS considered a definite asset.
- Exceptional project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong command of the English language, verbal and written; spoken French. Spanish and/or German considered definite assets.
- Member of the CRHA considered an asset.
- Competitive base salary.
- Group benefits.
- Free Parking.
- Free access to a gym on premises.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!