Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Intern
Temporary, Full-Time – 4-8-month Internship
Collaborating with the Manager of Automation, the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) summer student is responsible for the delivery of several Quality Engineering automation projects with the goal of optimizing & modernizing Haivision’s test and build suite. This will include contributing new code to enable the automation of existing manual test suites as well as maintaining and improving existing automation framework.
What we need:
- Familiarity and good understanding of Linux (CentOS 7) and Windows (Server/10)
- Experience/Knowledge in one of the following Automation Frameworks: Selenium/Pytest/Nightwatch/Robot
- Experience/Knowledge of Database (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience/ knowledge with version control systems, continuous integration and agile development delivery
- Understanding and basic knowledge of SSH/Telnet, Wireshark, VLC
What you need to have:
- 2nd year+ co-op student registered in a recognized Co-Op or Intern Program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related program.
- Students in other STEM disciplines, like Physics or Math, with solid programming skills will also be considered
- Stellar time management skills and provide innovative ideas
You might just be perfect if you:
- Enjoy contributing your ideas in a team setting where you can see them take shape in front of you
- Are a fast learner, attention to detail and willing to explore new technology
- Are seeking to develop and finesse skills you never even knew you had, and;
- Want to work in an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Great work environment!
- Unlimited cappuccino!