Senior Software Developer, Media Streaming
You are a creative problem solver, with a passion for innovation. You are well versed in C++ with a proven track record in low level media development. You are able to work closely with local and remote development teams. As a highly valued member of our team, you will have the opportunity to implement exciting new features in existing products and core libraries, and to design and build new products from the ground up.
- a great positive can-do attitude — every challenge is an opportunity;
- strong problem identification and solving skills;
- strong oral and written communication skills.
- passionate about your profession and emerging technologies;
- open to change and to learn new skills;
- capable of juggling priorities and delivering results when deadlines loom;
- able to work effectively both in an agile team environment and independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new software based on requirements
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Develop tools to improve development and testing efficiency
- Participate in team process; code reviews, testing, and documentation
Minimum Job Qualifications
If we like you, and you like us, you must at least have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional C++ low level software development experience.
- Experience developing media applications.
- Experience with media container formats such as MPEG-TS and MP4.
- Experience with streaming formats like UDP/RTP, RTSP, HLS, DASH, RTMP.
- Experience with video compression formats like MPEG2, H.264, H.265.
Preferred Job Qualifications
You should be available to work full-time and have:
- Experience developing software targeting Linux platforms.
- Experience developing low latency media processing applications.
- Experience with image and video preprocessing algorithms.
- Experience developing network based applications.
- Proficiency with git.
- Competitive base salary.
- Healthcare and dental coverage.
- Retirement savings program.
- Great work environment & other perks!