Senior Product Designer UX/UI
Canada or United States, East Coast or Mid-west regions
**Candidates must provide a portfolio when applying for this role. The portfolio can either be a file or a link to an online portfolio.**
About the Role:
Haivision is looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong UX and UI background and a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products. You will be primarily working on designing and improving interfaces and tools that are used to operate hardware and cloud platforms for managing video but will also be contributing to drive product and company strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio showcasing data-focused platforms, dashboards, workflows, and previous experience designing systems with complex interactions.
About the Team:
You’ll join a collaborative design team of talented RNPs (Really Nice People) that are within the Product Development group but that are also dedicated to bringing Design Thinking to every part of the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams to represent the Design team and facilitate design discussions.
- Identify product improvement opportunities.
- Design interfaces and propose workflows based on research and brainstorming through iterative development and delivery.
- Lead research and design sprints to inform design decisions.
- Advocate a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice across our product ecosystem.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
What You Need:
- 7+ years of experience with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early-stage ideation through high fidelity design to product launch.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping products.
- A passion for your craft, love the journey of discovery through iteration, and have relentlessly high standards.
- An eye for strong visual designs, e.g., typography, color, balance.
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs.
- An ability to present your work with confidence.
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed interaction design.
- Knowledge of agile development lifecycles.
- An ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and UI specifications.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
Bonus Points If…
- Experience with design systems.
- Experience with hands on research.
- Familiarity with a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know how to apply them in a Design Thinking-like process.
- Familiar with the tools we already use. (Adobe XD, Zeplin, Jira, Confluence)