Senior Cloud DevOps Engineers
US, East Coast or Mid-west regions
Haivision is seeking Senior Cloud Development Operations (DevOps) Engineers with experience building and maintaining sophisticated Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployments. The Cloud DevOps team at Haivision owns the continuous deployment and operation of secure and highly available applications infrastructure backing Haivision’s suite of solutions for broadcast video streaming, globally distributed edge control, and content and viewer experience management. Our DevOps engineers sprint within the various Product Development teams, focused on promoting DevOps principles within the team, building and maintaining CI|CD pipelines, designing and implementing monitoring tools and infrastructure to ensure 24/7 operation of global video networking services.
This position offers a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team at Haivision that cultivates a family-like environment. Directly working with fun and forward-thinking people and technologies, you will play a crucial role in the quality and success of our products while growing your technical skills and professional experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the deployment pipelines and procedures within the product team to ensure that deployments are efficient and reliable, striving for zero downtime during frequent pushes of code to the production environment.
- Build a suite tools for monitoring and supportability of the product and overarching Haivision cloud ecosystem.
- Be the subject matter expert on the operation and internal systems of Haivision cloud products.
- Provide tier-three technical support of the platform, in conjunction with our customer-facing technical support teams.
- Participate in design and code review sessions within the product team with an eye to product stability, supportability, and security.
- Implement and set standards within the product team for secure systems design.
- Institute operational procedures to strive for 99.999% production systems availability.
- Lead incident response and emergency operations in cases of systems outage or security breach. Provide written “post-mortem” analysis of incidents.
- Write clear and concise technical and procedural documentation on systems architecture and operational practice.
- Working availability during nights/weekends only in exceptional circumstances and willingness limited international travel if required.
- University degree in Computer Science or related domains. May consider equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of knowledge in software development, DevOps, and cloud applications infrastructure.
- Expert in cloud applications systems and network administration on Azure or AWS, including maintaining:
- Virtual machines and container orchestration (esp. Kubernetes)
- Virtual private networks and application load balancers/firewalls
- Serverless applications
- DNS infrastructure
- Demonstrated proficiency with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Continuous Configuration Automation (CCA) patterns and tools. Particularly:
- TeamCity or Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Azure CLI/ARM
- AWS CloudFormation
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security “best practices,” particularly in relation to systems deployment, ongoing security scanning and analysis, and identity management.
- Familiarity with JIRA/Confluence, Azure DevOps, or other Agile project collaboration tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, and stay organized.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisors, peers, and end-users.
- Proven ability to implement DevSecOps practices and tools in CI|CD pipelines.
- Creating and sustaining a culture of secure design and development practices in a development organization.
- Implementing “Compliance as Code” techniques to ensure ongoing security and policy compliance.
- Experience implementing code quality and code security scanning tools like SonarCloud, CodeGuru, or Codacy.
- Familiarity with requirements to maintain operational security certifications like NIST 800-53 or ISO 2001.
- Comprehension of streaming media and video encoding/decoding technologies.