Sales Engineer, Cloud Division, Northeast US
Boston, MA or New York, NY
We are seeking an experienced and highly technical Sales Engineer (SE) to lead all Pre-Sales activity for Haivision’s new Cloud division. Target markets are Broadcast, OTT, and Media Publishers. The SE’s purpose is to drive adoption in the new Cloud portfolio by managing the pre-sales technical process, assisting in post-sales technical implementation, and acting as an evangelist and subject-matter expert on Haivision’s Cloud strategy and portfolio of video transport platform, media workflow management, advanced network video streaming and management platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically proficient individual with experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery or broadcast. This position requires working from home as well as travelling.
- Own the technical design of Haivision Cloud solutions proposed to partners and customers.
- Become a Haivision Cloud technical evangelist, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products to both high-level decision makers and deep-dive technical staff.
- Assist account managers with overall account management within assigned accounts.
- Assist account managers with project management for complex presales engagements.
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical/architectural support to partners and customers.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with resellers and integrators.
- Attend and assist with the setup and operation of technical systems at regional training and tradeshows as necessary.
- Provide support on-site as well as remote post-sale support when necessary.
- Must be comfortable with a schedule of up to 30% travel across North America and occasional travel overseas.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ technical pre-sales experience with SaaS, enterprise video delivery, teleconferencing, and OTT streaming.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision Cloud products to business and technical decision makers, as well as senior executives.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work independently.
- A proven history of establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Strong command of the English language; proficiency in another language (ideally Spanish) a definite asset.
- Experience with SaaS solutions an absolute must.
- Experience with the design and deployment of streaming media services across complex LAN/WAN topologies.
- Experience with AI/ML.
- Experience managing network media streaming solutions including live transcoding servers, VOD transcoding, Internet streaming solutions with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), OVPs, and multicast video distribution.
- Familiarity with video compression technologies, such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264, and HEVC.
- Firm understanding of real-time media transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Knowledge of SRT protocol is a plus.
- Familiarity with technical issues surrounding audio and video delivery over terrestrial microwave and satellite IP networks, desirable.