Sales Director, Germany
Hamburg, Germany, within or close to a major city
We are seeking an experienced Sales Executive with proven sales performance in the enterprise and broadcast markets to drive sales and revenue. You need to manage pre-sales technical resources, work in a technical environment, but mainly to act as the lead sales executive for Haivision’s portfolio of advanced network video streaming and media delivery and management platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with proven experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery, IP networking, and the broadcast /OTT industry. Candidate must be located in Germany preferably in one of the major cities for ease of commuting throughout the country.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ability to call on and work with Professional IT and Networking Integrators/Resellers to represent Haivision products within the Networking, Broadcast and AV industry
- Collaborate with clients and Integrators/Resellers to develop regionally focused business plans
- Consult with VP Sales Europe in setting up objectives, goals and a plan of action for the region
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationships with new and existing clients
- Participate in internal and client-facing meetings, prepare reports and presentations
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and business plans for the region
- As a key member of the European Sales team participate in weekly calls and meetings to help increase Europe business and foster the Haivision culture within Europe
- Become a Haivision brand champion, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products at least at a high-level to key decision makers
- Overall account management and territory responsibility for Germany.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with end-user clients, resellers & integrators.
- Must be comfortable with a schedule of 50%+ travel within Germany. Occasional international travel may be required for internal meetings and trade shows.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- At a minimum a University Bachelor degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Successful track record and background with at least 7+ years of sales experience in IP video, encoding and decoding technologies, advanced IP networking, or the broadcast market.
- Experience in enterprise IP video delivery, unified communications, OTT streaming, or broadcast industries.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision products and strategy to senior executives as well as business and technical decision makers.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- A proven history of consistently exceeding sales and quota targets.
- Self-motivator and able to lead a small team, and work with rest of Europe and HQ to expand the business.
- Must be able to work from a home office and show entrepreneurial skills.
- Must have worked for a US or Canadian company before, and previously worked from a home office.
- Must have managed or worked with both a Direct and a Channel based model.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think “outside of the box.”
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Must be a German national and a permanent resident of Germany.
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and German is a must.
- Other European languages is a definite asset, but not mandatory.
- Competitive base salary with an aggressive bonus/commission plan on exceeding sales targets
- Great work environment & other perks!