APAC (Australia, Singapore, or Malaysia preferred) – Remote
Haivision is a leading global provider of mission-critical, real-time video networking and visual collaboration solutions. Our connected cloud and intelligent edge technologies enable organizations globally to engage audiences, enhance collaboration, and support decision making. We provide high-quality, low latency, secure, and reliable live video at a global scale. Haivision open sourced its award-winning SRT low latency video streaming protocol and founded the SRT Alliance to support its adoption. Awarded four Emmys® for Technology and Engineering from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Haivision continues to fuel the future of IP video transformation. Founded in 2004, Haivision is headquartered in Montreal and Chicago with offices, sales, and support located throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. To learn more, visit Haivision at haivision.com.
The Sales Director – APAC will be responsible for managing pre-sales technical resources, work in a technical environment, but mainly to act as the lead sales executive for Haivision’s portfolio of advanced network video streaming and media delivery and management platforms. He/she is self-motivated individual with proven experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery, IP networking, and the broadcast /OTT industry and/or public/defense sector. The Sales Director – APAC is an experienced sales executive with proven sales performance in the broadcast/defense markets to drive sales and revenue.
- Ability to call on and work with Professional IT and Networking Integrators/Resellers to represent Haivision products within the Broadcast and Defense industries
- Collaborate with clients and Integrators/Resellers to develop regionally focused business plans
- Consult with SVP Sales in setting up objectives, goals and a plan of action for the region
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationships with new and existing clients
- Participate in internal and client-facing meetings, prepare reports and presentations
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and business plans for the region
- As a key member of the APAC Sales team participate in weekly calls and meetings to help increase APAC business and foster the Haivision culture within APAC
- Become a Haivision brand champion, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products at least at a high-level to key decision makers
- Overall account management and territory responsibility for APAC.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with end-user clients, resellers & integrators.
- Must be comfortable with a schedule of 50%+ travel within APAC. Occasional international travel may be required for internal meetings and trade shows.
- Execute additional related tasks upon request
Skills and Qualifications
- At a minimum a University Bachelor degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Successful track record and background with at least 10+ years of sales experience in IP video, encoding and decoding technologies, advanced IP networking, or the broadcast/defense market.
- Experience in enterprise IP video delivery, unified communications, OTT streaming, or broadcast industries.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision products and strategy to senior executives as well as business and technical decision makers.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- A proven history of consistently exceeding sales and quota targets.
- Self-motivator and able to lead a small team, and work with rest of APAC and HQ to expand the business.
- Must be able to work from a home office and show entrepreneurial skills.
- Must have worked for a US or Canadian company before, and previously worked from a home office.
- Must have managed or worked with both a Direct and a Channel based model.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think “outside of the box.”
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is a must.
- Other APAC languages is a definite asset, but not mandatory