Quality Control Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control Specialist (QCS) who will be assisting in leading, motivating and encouraging the production team to identify trends and recommend improvements to our current product quality processes. The QCS will be responsible for troubleshooting and performing diagnostic on all Haivision products that have been identified as defective. The QCS also performs minor repairs and/or coordinates repairs with Haivision vendors, prepares detailed diagnostic reports for internal and external use, and interacts with internal departments to properly identify the root cause of the defective products.
- Manage processes related to RMAs and NCRs.
- Prepare repairs and compliance reports prior to being sent internally and/or to customers.
- Perform minor repairs internally, coordinate repairs with vendors and/or provide any assistance, if required.
- Identify trends and potential issues leveraging the RMA and NCR database and recommend changes to processes and products.
- Ensure all defective products are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing and timely updates for all outstanding quality problems identified within the Supply Chain department.
- Assemble, configure, and license replacement product(s) to be shipped to customers.
- Prepare and actively participate in the MRB meetings.
- Work with Engineering to develop adequate incoming inspection plans and ensure compliance.
- Manage inventory in all quarantine and non-conforming locations.
- Raise any internal process issues that go against ISO 9001-2015 Standard.
- Take on Continuous Improvement projects to improve quality within the Supply Chain department.
- Available to work extra hours in peak demand periods.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical degree (D.E.C.) in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electronic environment.
- Strong knowledge of electronic component types and mechanical assembly.
- Ability to read and understand an electronic diagram and mechanical drawing.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with Procurement, Engineering and Production.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, test equipment, ESD control and electronic components.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing ISO policies and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, French is considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.