Process Improvement Specialist
The Process Improvement Specialist identifies and evaluates the manufacturing and business processes to improve the quality, costs and/or efficiencies. He/she evaluates current process issues, makes recommendations and lead the implementation of the changes. The Process Improvement Specialist will also be responsible for deploying and sustaining lean and continuous improvement programs for the company. He/she will also perform the various tasks related to process improvement. Possibility to move into an operation’s managerial role within 1-2 years.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement activities; drive standardization and consistency of in the processes
- Implement, lead, and follow-up on lean manufacturing activities.
- Effectively leverage tools, such as lean six sigma and change management, to drive continuous improvement activities to improve operating results
- Lead operational value stream mapping to improve performance and eliminate constraints
- Develop new (and upgrade existing) manufacturing and business processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Utilize strong organizational skills to appropriately plan and prioritize daily work and projects
- Improve department efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Develop and implement supply chain best practices
- Perform additional related duties as required
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Computer) or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to engage employees
- High level of autonomy and professionalism with ability to act on own initiative, exercise good judgment and manage expectations
- Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to organizational policies
- Familiarity with manufacturing ISO policies and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced programming and database skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both French and English
- Familiar with the disciplines of Supply Chain management such as vendor management, inventory & cost control and manufacturing an asset.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!