United States – Remote
We are seeking an experienced and highly technical Pre-Sales Engineer for the large broadcast markets to drive revenue by managing the pre-sales technical process, assist in some post-sales technical implementation, but mainly to act as an evangelist and subject matter expert on Haivision’s portfolio of advanced network video streaming and media delivery and management platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically proficient individual with experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery, IP networking, or in the broadcast industry.
- Own the technical design of Haivision solutions proposed to partners and customers.
- Become a Haivision technical evangelist, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products to both high-level decision makers and deep-dive technical staff.
- Assist sales managers with overall account management within assigned accounts.
- Assist sales managers with project management for complex presales engagements.
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical/architectural support to partners and customers.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with resellers and integrators.
- Attend and assist with the setup and operation of technical systems at regional training and tradeshows as necessary.
- Provide support on-site and remote post-sale support when necessary.
- COVID-19 permitting, must be comfortable with a schedule of 50% travel within North America.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong technical background with 3-5+ years technical pre-sales experience in computer software, IP video, encoding and decoding technologies and advanced IP networking.
- Experience in enterprise video delivery, teleconferencing, OTT streaming, or broadcast industries.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision products to business and technical decision makers, as well as senior executives.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and excellent time management skills.
- A proven history of establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Experience with the design and deployment of streaming media services across complex LAN/WAN topologies.
- Experience with network and computing security standards and best practices in government and civilian applications.
- Some combination of the following:
- Intermediate experience managing Linux or Mac OSX server infrastructures.
- Intermediate experience managing Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory infrastructures.
- Basic to intermediate experience with local and wide area network administration and troubleshooting (routing/switching, wireless LAN, firewall security).
- Experience managing and troubleshooting network media streaming solutions including live transcoding servers, Internet streaming solutions with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), or multicast video distribution.
- Familiarity with video compression technologies, such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264, and HEVC.
- Firm understanding of real-time media transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Familiarity with technical issues surrounding audio and video delivery over terrestrial microwave and satellite IP networks, desirable.