Media Services Support Engineer
The Media Services Support Engineer works directly with our customers to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with Haivision software, hardware, and cloud services. More experienced candidates with expertise in video ecosystems will also be responsible for systems analysis, scripting, replication, and general video workflow optimization. The candidate will also collaborate with level 3 Support Engineers, Sales Engineering, and Product Management, to advocate for Haivision’s partners’ workflow and ecosystem improvements.
Only candidates with a solid working knowledge of Linux and experience with LAN/WAN video distribution technologies, cloud-based systems expertise, internet infrastructure, network expertise, and troubleshooting will be considered. This position requires participation in rotational, on-call or after-hours shifts (compensated).
Ideally, you are a:
Detail-focused self-starter with the ability to work under limited supervision and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment, who exhibits adaptability and flexibility, as well as a willingness to learn new skills as required.
- Act as first response to incoming calls and web-based and/or email-generated tickets.
- Perform case triage, gathering information supporting the customers’ use case and reported issues, if any.
- Gather initial info to properly move the case along, such as version number, logs, network topology, etc.
- Diagnose, update, and fix customer issues remotely via SSH, RDP, or other remote access protocols, along with providing phone, email support and guidance.
- Provide guidance to customers through corrective steps by identifying proper configurations, SW/FW versioning, and researching reported issues.
- Document all transactions with customers to develop case data.
- Ensure customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more expertise.
- More experienced Specialists will also be responsible for the following pre-sales and post-sales activities:
- Providing on-site or online technical training to partners and end-users on Haivision solutions.
- Assisting with pre-sale engineering review of large projects.
- Complete other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience.
- A proven history of directly supporting customer relationships in technical applications with a background in Technical Support, Account Management or Sales Engineering
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills and ability to verbalize processes and customer facing documentation. Fluency in other languages is considered a definite asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault analysis skills and ability to reproduce and pinpoint system/solution issues.
- Hands-on expertise with video protocols such as UDP, TCP, RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS, HDS, and DASH. Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies like MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC.
- Familiarity with administering cloud service platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Comfort with Linux command line and network administration principles and practices.
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Traceroute, Netstat, Nslookup, etc, a definite asset.