Information Developer / Technical Writer (Intermediate)
We are seeking an intermediate-level information developer to join our growing CX team. CX is short for Customer eXperience, which best describes the scope of what we do. We gather technical and operational details and package them in ways that help our customers efficiently operate our products in their own environments. We need a great communicator to take charge of creating and managing that experience for our Makito X encoders/decoders and Kraken transcoder products. If you are a self-starter that works well with others (and, as much as possible, matches the profile below), we’d love to have you join us.
*Candidates must submit samples of their work to be considered.
- Create comprehensive, accurate user documentation and other content:
- Assess the user documentation requirements for each product release.
- Consult with Product Owners and other subject matter experts to obtain specifications and other internal documentation, as well as access to applications and feature demos.
- Test new features to determine if they are functioning at a level sufficient for the purposes of documentation
- Manage document review cycles and incorporate all feedback.
- Publish final deliverables on schedule.
- Create new and update existing content (e.g., knowledgebase articles) for internal users.
- Perform additional related duties as required:
- Edit, format, and manage publication of specialized customer or project documentation (e.g., localized user guides).
- Participate in the development and testing of digital onboarding (WalkMe) content.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical writing
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Confluence (or equivalent), Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) and French (verbal)
- Familiarity with the following would be an asset: video streaming technology, embedded systems, Linux, REST APIs, JIRA, HTML, CSS, SharePoint, and digital adoption platforms (e.g. WalkMe)