Intermediate Back-end Software Developer
You are creative problem solver, with a passion for innovation. You are well versed in C++ and/or node.js, with a proven track record in back-end development across multiple product lines. And you are able to work closely with local and remote development teams, being fully autonomous and having strong initiative. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to implement new features in existing products, as well as to design and to build new products from the ground up.
- A great positive can-do attitude — every challenge is an opportunity;
- Strong problem identification and solving skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Passionate about your profession and emerging technologies;
- Adept at inventing new features/experiences;
- Capable of juggling priorities and delivering results when deadlines loom;
- Autonomous, but able to earn the trust and respect of peers and stakeholders.
If we like you, and you like us, you must at least have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- 3+ years of server-side development experience on Linux.
- Professional experience developing server and client-server applications.
- Strong back-end C++ and/or node.js development skills.
- Experience developing distributed infrastructures.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
Preferred Job Qualifications
You should be available to work full-time, on-site at one of our development sites in Montreal (QC), Chicago (IL), Portland (OR), or Hamburg (Germany), and have:
- Solid knowledge of web and networking concepts, including TCP, UDP, HTTP/S.
- Experience programming with multimedia formats and codecs.
- Experience developing software on multiple platforms.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining cloud services on AWS.
- Experience with key-value databases, especially MongoDB.
- Proficiency in git.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!