Installation and Support Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Installation and Support Engineer to help us continue reshaping and defining the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of Linux and experience with IP video systems and video streaming equipment. Working closely with the engineering development group, the successful candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring, testing, upgrading our IP Video Distribution systems. Support activities include performing program planning, installations on customer sites, remote installations/upgrades, customer phone and email support, remote network based support and configuration and customer site activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and install IP video encoding and distribution systems
- Assemble, install, and configure Windows / Linux based IP Encoding / Video distribution systems and verify proper pre-deployment configuration before the systems ship to customer sites.
- Diagnose, update and fix customer issues remotely via SSH, RDP, or other remote access protocols, along with providing phone and email support and guidance.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to network configurations, hardware problems, software configuration issues, or operational errors.
- Ensure that customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge.
- Commitment to providing “24×7” support including on-call availability on a rotational basis.
- Readiness and availability for up to 40% travel requirement both regionally and/or internationally to support pre-sales and post-sales situations
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Strong experience interacting with customers
- Strong trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong experience with the Linux operating system, networking and network administration principles and practices.
- Strong experience in a testing environment
- Experience with MS Windows OS, network administration, systems configuration, and device/driver implementation is a definite asset.
- Hands-on with TCP/IP Protocol layer and networking principles
- Good understanding of Real time transport protocols such as RTMP, HLS, RTP, MPEG-TS and Session protocols such as SIP and RTSP
- Understanding of scripting language such as Bash and Python, and developing automated testing tools
- Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies like MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264
- Excellent English communication skills
- Competitive base salary.
- Great work environment & other perks!