As an FPGA Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with hardware and firmware designers, QA and Technical Support Specialists to develop and maintain FPGA for all platforms. Responsibilities for this position include developing, documenting and testing of FPGA design.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write complex modules’ technical specifications according to the product requirements;
- Provide support to the hardware design and software design teams to ensure that the systems are efficient and robust;
- Code in RTL (VHDL Verilog);
- Verify test plans, simulations, and test coverage;
- Synthesize and elaborate routing and placement constraint;
- Optimize design for FPGA utilization and performance;
- Analyze and debug issues reported by QA and/or Support.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in FPGA design;
- Strong knowledge in RTL coding (Verilog / VHDL);
- Experience with:
- FPGA design and simulation tools (ModelSim, Altera Quartus, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, etc.);
- Laboratory test equipment tools (oscilloscope, logic analyser, etc.);
- Script automation development;
- Source code management Tools.
- Excellent ability to adapt in a variety of environments and to use different methodologies;
- Prior working experience in a team environment;
- Ability to establish priorities and estimate deadline;
- Ability to solve problems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (French and English);
- Good understanding of FPGA design considerations including synchronous/asynchronous/CDC timing requirement and FPGA resource utilization.
- Knowledge of video interface (SDI, DVI, Display port, HDMI, Composite, component video);
- Experience in digital video processing. (scaling, filtering, de-interlacing);
- High speed I/Os;
- Embedded ARM processing.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!