Embedded Software Developer
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for an Embedded Software Developer to help us continue reshaping and defining the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery. This individual will develop the software/firmware for codec platforms under the guidance of senior members of engineering team. The target platforms are developed by the company’s hardware designers and run embedded Linux using ARM, PowerPC and DSP processors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of features for company encoders and decoders:
- Designing software components and writing the code (C, C++).
- Unit testing/debugging the developed modules.
- Build and test the firmware packages.
- Enhance the selected features and repair the defects in the existing product line:
- Analyzing the performance shortcomings and defects in the existing products and features.
- Proposing and coding the fixes or workarounds.
- Preparing and executing test scenarios.
- Follow the projects’ development methodologies.
- Document all work performed.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- 4 years of experience in development of Linux C, C++ multithreading applications.
- Minimum two years of experience with network (socket) programming.
- Minimum one year of Linux kernel modules development experience.
- Strong knowledge of IP networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Video and/or Audio technology is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Sense of professionalism and maturity.
- Competitive base salary.
- Health and dental coverage.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!