Director, Technical Support
Montréal, QC, Chicago, IL, or Austin, TX
The Director, Technical Support (DTS) is responsible for leading, managing, and coaching the global support team to meet customer satisfaction and service continuity metrics. The DTS is both a strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of technical support, and the strategic development of operational requirements, process, and technology, to deliver key service outcomes for customers in a B2B environment. The DTS will be responsible for defining and executing a support strategy that will improve the customer experience, indirectly impacting sales and revenue growth. The DTS may be called upon to resolve higher-level technical and customer relations issues, which requires maintaining a working, technical knowledge of customer use cases in order to provide full top-level technical support. The DTS will champion the Haivision Cloud support strategy as well as playing a key role in defining the support strategy for bringing to market additional Cloud offerings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a team of 20 support staff across multiple locations.
- Mentor and guide team members in understanding the value maintaining strong customer relationships to help drive revenue growth.
- Ensure key processes are followed, maintained and continuously improved to meet the evolving needs of customers and to improve the performance of the department.
- Manage and report on KPIs and metrics related to the Support department.
- Implement a structure that ensures continuous support coverage across regions.
- Maintain compliance for all ISO compliant processes.
- Address customer escalations and participate in sales discussions with customers as it relates to post-sales support.
- Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and liaise with Product Management, Quality Assurance and Development to solve and/or develop solutions.
- Work in a multi-functional team to develop, implement and manage new support offerings for new subscription products and services as part of the Haivision Cloud business.
- Represent the technical voice of the customer within Haivision to inform and influence Development, and document business-value driven customer success stories and shared practices.
- Use customer insight and root cause analytics to identify company-wide improvements and present these to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Develop, establish, and maintain exceptional working relationships with new and existing customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customer success team to improve NPS, CSAT or other customer metrics.
- Deliver a unified customer support experience for customers by coordinating activities and liaising with peers and executives in other relevant teams.
- Collaborate with the Quality and Training teams to develop and implement effective customer service and technical support training materials.
Professional and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- 15 years’ experience in a technical support role with a minimum of 8 years in a managerial capacity with dispersed teams.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT, Digital Video, and Encoding with Software or Systems engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Internet media and cloud-based services.
- Knowledge of IP technologies and streaming.
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels.
- Track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a quality-led, legislative-compliant environment.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technical matters to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to manage and engage employees.
- Familiarity with manufacturing ISO policies and regulations
- Ability to travel internationally as required (20% travel).
- Hold a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Experience with Salesforce considered a definite asset.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment & other perks!