Director, Cloud Sales
Boston, MA (US East Coast – remote)
We are seeking a highly strategic sales leader to join our team as a Director of Cloud Sales. Reporting to the VP of Cloud, the Director of Cloud Sales is responsible for leading the go-to-market strategy for emerging Haivision Cloud business. This is an opportunity to take ownership of a key leadership role in a growing part of the business. Leaning on, and partnering with, an existing and seasoned sales team focused on selling the company’s existing products, the Director of Cloud Sales will coordinate efforts and strategies to generate new revenue from the existing customer base, as well as penetrate and prospect named accounts for new business, focusing primarily on Media, Broadcast, and OTT verticals.
The Director of Cloud Sales, preferably located on the US east coast, will be responsible for Cloud sales across the US, and will coordinate Cloud sales activities overseas with the international sales team. This position has no immediate direct reports. As the Cloud strategy continues to thrive, the Director will need to recruit experienced sales representatives to increase coverage and revenue.
- Drive Cloud sales and aggressively generate new revenue.
- Contact potential prospects from personally-generated research to build a robust sales pipeline.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives at enterprise and medium-sized businesses.
- Collaborate with the existing Haivision sales team for upselling within existing accounts.
- Lead in-person client presentations to C-level executives, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals.
- Engage with prospects to understand their unique and specific pain points and produce compelling business cases to meet their needs.
- Work with internal team members to ensure successful on-boarding and implementation for new clients.
- Hire, train and lead a team of high-performing Account Executives as the SaaS business grows.
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals.
- Collaborate with internal product teams and provide feedback from the field to help shape future development.
- Work closely with the leadership team to provide input on the growth of the business and align the SaaS revenue strategy with overall company objectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure that business and marketing plans are aligned under the overarching Haivision Cloud strategy.
- Attend, and drive attendance at industry events to increase the Haivision Cloud brand awareness.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of proven track success record in B2B software/technology with an emphasis on SaaS sales, 5 of which in a sales leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or engineering; MBA considered an asset.
- Possess formal sales training in solution selling and/or value selling.
- Proven track record of successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXO.
- Metric driven.
- Passion for taking on innovative and disruptive business challenges.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues across a global organization.
- Demonstrated sales and general managerial values including a strong sense of ethics, sales performance, business integration, direct sales, channel sales, services, etc.
- Building, managing and developing a high-performance SaaS sales team; creating a methodical, data driven sales process; filling and driving the sales pipeline; and closing enterprise-level deals across all industry verticals.
- Proven client relationship skills including understanding a client’s strategic objectives and both short and long-term business requirements.
- Experience hiring, onboarding and mentoring sales representatives.
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the corporate leadership
- Strong business and financial acumen with capability to perform data analysis on metrics and trends.
- Knowledge of AI a definite asset.
- Expert negotiation skills.
- This role requires frequent travel to customer sites, industry events and to corporate headquarters in Montreal, Canada.
- Ability to work from a home office.