Back-end Software Developer
Remote; Canada or United States. Chicago, IL, Portland, OR, or Montreal, QC locations preferred.
You are a creative problem solver, with a passion for innovation. You are well versed in C++ and/or Node.js, with a proven track record in back-end development across multiple product lines. And you are able to work closely with local and remote development teams, being fully autonomous and having strong initiative.
- A great positive can-do attitude where every challenge is an opportunity;
- Strong problem identification and solving skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Passionate about your profession and emerging technologies;
- Capable of juggling priorities and delivering results when deadlines loom;
- Energized when encountering complex problems and self-motivated to solve them;
- Autonomous, but able to earn the trust and respect of peers and stakeholders.
- Work in an agile environment: help to scope, estimate and prioritize tasks.
- Write well-crafted, scalable and efficient code for distributed and highly scalable services.
- Design and optimize features of existing products.
- Research technologies to solve problems and stay ahead. Apply them to existing products to support maintainability.
- Ensure quality by writing unit tests, checking new functionality works as expected, and leveraging the use of peer design and code reviews.
If we like you, and you like us, you must at least have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- 3+ years of server-side development experience.
- Strong back-end C++ and/or Node.js development skills.
- Experience configuring and maintaining a Linux-based software deployment environment.
- Experience developing distributed infrastructures.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of web and networking concepts, including TCP, UDP, HTTP/S.
- Experience programming with multimedia formats and codecs.
- Experience developing software on multiple platforms.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining cloud services on Azure or AWS.
- Experience with key-value databases, especially MongoDB.
- Proficiency in Git.