Accounting Clerk (Maternity leave replacement)
Temporary, Full-Time – 12-15-month contract
Reporting into the Finance and Administration Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for order processing and carrying out various accounts receivable tasks. This is a temporary, full-time position.
- Order Administration:
- Process orders in Accpac, as per company policies and procedures.
- Respond to questions and issues as they arise regarding orders, shipping, special terms and conditions, etc.
- Process customer invoices.
- Process credits and equipment returns.
- Update and maintain customer master file information in Accpac.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Process credit evaluations using EDC and D&B.
- Monitor and maintain AR aging.
- Contact customers regarding payment and outstanding balances.
- Process deposits in Accpac for incoming payments.
- Perform account reconciliation and adjustments.
- Update credit limit information in Accpac.
- Accounting (may include, but not limited to):
- Bank reconciliation.
- Commission calculation.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- DEC in a relevant field.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of ACCPAC (Sage 300) considered a definite asset.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to perform and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of professionalism and punctuality.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to multi-task, with adaptability and flexibility to change.