Sales Engineer, APAC
We are seeking an experienced and highly technical Sales Engineer for the large enterprise and broadcast markets to drive revenue by managing the pre-sales technical process, assisting in post-sales technical implementation, and acting as an evangelist and subject-matter expert on Haivision’s portfolio of advanced network video streaming and media delivery and management platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically proficient individual with experience in a high-level, fast-paced sales environment focused on technology solutions in enterprise video delivery or broadcast. This position requires working from home.
- Own the technical design of Haivision solutions proposed to partners and customers.
- Become a Haivision technical evangelist, capable of demonstrating and explaining our products to both high-level decision makers and deep-dive technical staff.
- Assist sales account managers with overall account management within assigned accounts.
- Assist sales account managers with project management for complex presales engagements.
- Complete technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses for assigned accounts.
- Provide pre-sales technical/architectural support to partners and customers.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets, including competitive information.
- Establish long-term relationships with resellers and integrators.
- Attend and assist with the setup and operation of technical systems at regional training and tradeshows as necessary.
- Provide support on-site and remote post-sale support when necessary.
- Must be comfortable with a schedule of up to 50% travel across the APAC region. Occasional travel to North America may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong technical background with 5+ years technical pre-sales experience in computer software, digital video, or computer networking.
- Experience in enterprise video delivery, teleconferencing, OTT streaming, or broadcast industries.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Haivision products to business and technical decision makers, as well as senior executives.
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to work independently.
- A proven history of establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external, from senior executives to technical decision makers.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in Hindi or Tamil would be desirable
- Experience with the design and deployment of streaming media services across complex LAN/WAN topologies.
- Experience with network and computing security standards and best practices in government and civilian applications.
- Some combination of the following:
- Intermediate experience managing Linux or Mac OSX server infrastructures.
- Intermediate experience managing Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory infrastructures.
- Basic to intermediate experience with local and wide area network administration and troubleshooting (routing/switching, wireless LAN, firewall security).
- Experience managing and troubleshooting network media streaming solutions including live transcoding servers, Internet streaming solutions with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), or multicast video distribution.
- Familiarity with video compression technologies, such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264, and HEVC.
- Firm understanding of real-time media transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Familiarity with technical issues surrounding audio and video delivery over terrestrial microwave and satellite IP networks, desirable.