Technical Support Specialists
Montréal, QC, Chicago, IL, and Austin, TX
We’re looking for specialists at all levels – whether you’ve recently graduated, or you’re a seasoned support specialist, we want to hear from you. Ideal candidates have a strong working knowledge of Linux and experience with LAN/WAN video distribution technologies, IP video systems expertise, internet infrastructure, network expertise, and troubleshooting.
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for response, triage, and engagement with incoming support cases for customers, and for assisting with the smooth day-to-day functioning of the Technical Support team. Support functions include addressing customer phone calls and case emails, qualifying and validating customer entitlements and provisioning, and generally performing post-sales activities focused on maintaining customer satisfaction.
The TSS works with customer representatives to advise on the triage of reported issues or desired functionality, and providing solutions to customers. As Agents gain expertise in Video ecosystems, using provided systems and services, involving hardware and/or software, additional responsibilities may include systems analysis, scripting, replication, and general video workflow consulting. The TSS will also collaborate with level 3 Support Specialists, Sales Engineering, and Product Management, to advocate for our partners’ workflows and ecosystems.
This position requires participation in a rotational on-call schedule (compensated).
- Act as first response to incoming calls
- Perform case triage, gathering information supporting the customers’ use case and reported issues, if any.
- Diagnose, update, and fix customer issues remotely via SSH, RDP, or other remote access protocols, along with providing phone and e-mail support and guidance.
- Provide guidance to customers through corrective steps by identifying proper configurations, SW/FW versioning, and researching reported issues.
- Document all transactions with customers to develop case data.
- Ensure customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more expertise.
- More experienced Specialists will also be responsible for the following, and must be available to travel 10% of the time (outside of Canada) in support of pre-sales and post-sales activities:
- Providing on-site or online technical training to partners and end-users on Haivision solutions.
- Assisting with pre-sale engineering review of large projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- A university degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience.
- A proven history of directly supporting customer relationships in technical applications, is required. A background in Technical Support, Account Management or Sales Engineering is preferred.
- Solid experience with the Linux operating systems, networking and network administration principles and practices.
- Hands-on expertise with UDP, TCP, and general networking principles.
- Good understanding of Real-time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and HDS, and Session protocols such as SIP and STSP.
- Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies likes MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Strong trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work with a minimal supervision and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to change and openness to learn new skills as required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluency in other languages, especially Spanish or Mandarin considered a definite asset.
- Competitive base salary.
- Free Parking.
- Unlimited cappuccino!
- Great work environment and other perks!