OPPORTUNITY: Web Manager
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision is a private company and a leader in developing technology for streaming, recording, managing, and distributing secure IP video within the enterprise, education, medical/healthcare, and federal/military markets. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide, helping organizations enhance communications and collaboration by delivering rich media experiences with end-to-end IP video solutions.
Due to continued growth and the redesign of our corporate website, we are currently looking for a candidate with a passion for the web and digital design. We are looking for someone who is capable of balancing his/her design and visual communication skills with some technical expertise. As Haivision’s Web Manager, you are responsible for the online experience. By using industry standard approaches to design, you will be responsible for creating web-based content, working with cross-functional teams to ensure Haivision’s online portal is among its best assets.
Haivision offers a fun and fast-paced environment with a passionate and dedicated team. The ideal candidate for this position would have a solid background in the design and development of other corporate websites, expertise with common design and development tools and ideally, some web agency experience.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Lead all web and digital design initiatives as part of Haivision’s marketing team
• Work with marketing and design team to develop web optimized site graphics and digital assets including images, icons, banners, e-newsletters, microsites, apps, etc.
• Design simple HTML prototypes as the first step in creating new web pages and templates
• Work with marketing team on concept development and design of online advertising programs
• Understand page design principles and landing page best practices, to drive and increase conversion
• Maintain site appearance by enforcing content and display standards; including the development and maintenance of a digital style guide
• Work with UX designers and developers to create an effective user experience
• Test your work across browsers and platforms. You should know the ins and outs of IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
• Monitor site performance and results; identify and evaluate improvement options
• Stay up to date on the evolution of the web industry and track trends
• Stay current on visual design, inspiring the creative services team
• Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and at a high quality
Professional & Personal Requirements
• College Diploma/University Degree in Web Design, Development, Graphic Design or a related field
• Minimum 5 years experience as a web designer / manager
• Some front-end programming experience, knowledge of Drupal an asset
• Proficient with Dreamweaver or other HTML editors
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Knowledge of landing page optimization methodologies
• Strong sense of aesthetics and creativity and visual communications
• Strong design portfolio highlighting digital design
• Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple projects
• Proficiency in teamwork, collaboration, initiative, problem-solving and understanding of technologies and processes
• Experience with fast-paced environments
• Bilingual: English and French
• Previous experience in technology environments an asset
• Drupal knowledge / experience is a strong asset
• Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO), specifically impacts of front-end coding on search rankings
• Experience in designing rich Internet applications
• Experience creating mobile optimized and/or responsive websites
• Willingness and ability to learn and contribute beyond basic responsibilities
• Interest in current trends and new technology
• Web agency experience a strong asset
• Attention to detail, right down to the pixel
• Autonomous, self-motivated and flexible
• A sense of humor
• Competitive salary, healthcare/dental coverage and other benefits
• Position within a fast growing, dynamic company
• Casual dress code
• Flexible working hours
• Free parking
• New modern office facility
• All the cappuccino you can drink!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com