Senior Systems Admin & Support
Senior Systems Admin &
OPPORTUNITY: Senior Systems Admin & Support
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Based in Montreal and Chicago, with offices worldwide, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a Senior Systems Admin and Support individual for our Montreal office. Reporting to the Director of IT, this is a challenging role with enormous scope for growth and great opportunities for learning. The Senior Systems Admin & Support individual joins a team that is responsible for ensuring the continued operation of the corporate infrastructure as well as user support to ensure the smooth day-to-day functioning of IT.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• On occasion, respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
• Mentor personnel in more junior roles.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Plan, configure, deploy and maintain corporate servers.
• Act as a resource in systems planning.
• Assist in network planning, operation and troubleshooting.
• Drive toward the automation of routine tasks.
• Research questions using available information resources.
• Provide technical advice.
• Create and implement standardized procedures.
• Ensure the prioritization and resolution of issues.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Possibility of heavy lifting of servers & equipment, - up to around 75 lbs.
• Be responsible, together with the Senior Network & Infrastructure Security personnel, for server room operations.
• VOIP phone system administration & planning.
• 6+ years systems admin and support experience.
• Significant previous experience in an office environment.
• Superior technical and overall computer skills.
• 5 + years experience with the following:
o Cross platform environments: Windows, Linux, Mac.
o Virtualized server and workstation environments: Xenserver and/or VMware Sphere.
o Active Directory environments.
o LAMP, Samba & MySQL.
o MSSQL Server & MS RDP Server.
• 5+ years experience with Microsoft DFS
• Experience in the configuration and operation of MS Sharepoint & workflows.
• 4+ years experience in network switching, VLAN's, trunking.
• Knowledge of firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Basic Firewall Rules.
• Experience with structured cabling system and network equipment patching.
• Strong scripting experience, Linux and/or Windows.
• Strong customer service skills, with a pleasant and personable attitude.
• English and French verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
• Adaptability & flexibility to change and openness to learn new skills as required.
• Capacity to prioritize work, perform multiple tasks and work under tight time constraints.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to be challenged.
• Graduation from a recognized technical college.
• 8+ years of experience.
• Competitive base salary.
• Healthcare, dental, and other benefits coverage.
• Free Parking.
• Unlimited cappuccino!
• Great work environment & other perks!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for. We look forward to hearing from you.