Application Software Developer
OPPORTUNITY: Application Software Developer
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
Due to Haivision’s continued growth, we are currently looking for a Application Software Developer to help us continue reshaping and defining the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Work on a variety of client/server applications and solutions.
• Interpret and enhance existing systems for new features and performance improvements.
• Work with QA to track problems, debug, regression test, and close issues.
• 4+ years of programming experience on diverse platforms.
• Solid experience with cross-platform development environments.
• Understanding of audio and video formats and standards highly desirable.
• Knowledge of User Experience and User Interface design concepts.
• Experience developing against Linux, Win32 and OS X APIs.
• In depth knowledge of Linux development.
• Experience with IP networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, etc.).
• Experience developing multi-process/multi-threaded applications.
General Responsibilities & Requirements
• Analyze product requirements and develop corresponding software requirements.
• Passion for writing fast, reliable and efficient code.
• Create and maintain high level design documentation and interface specifications.
• Perform software integration testing.
• Assist and support in designing test plans with QA team and resolving software defects.
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and work independently as well as part of a team, along with excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Proactive team player with great attention to detail.
• Ability to evaluate the commercial needs against design trade-offs.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with marketing, technical support and sales teams within the organization.
Bachelor degree (or Associate degree + relevant experience) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is highly desirable.
Team Leader, Software Development
• Competitive salary, healthcare coverage and other benefits.
• Option to develop on a Linux, Mac OS X or Windows-based system.
• Free parking.
• All the cappuccino you can drink!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com