OPPORTUNITY: UX Designer
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
You're a usability-obsessed User Experience Designer with deep UCD skills and you feed continuously on UX community best-practices. You quote Don Norman in your sleep, and you’ve seen Alan Cooper give a keynote at least once. You have enough technical UI chops that you can stuff done without generating lots of unnecessary design artifacts. You’re hungry for real career growth opportunities, and are ready to put the work in to get where you want to go. You are pragmatic and evidence-based in your work. To be happy, you are driven to interact with, listen to, and learn from your users and your peers. You trust your instincts, take pride in your work, hold defensible points-of-view - but you know that hard data trumps opinion every time. You just have to work in a collaborative, iterative, lean, user-centered design team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Creating delightful user experiences across desktop, web and mobile that refine and channel the Haivision brand DNA
• Working with Director of UX, UI Designers, the Marketing team and Developers to drive the design of successful Haivision products
• Creating concise design artifacts (concept maps, IA diagrams, wireframes, flowcharts, interaction design specs) when needed (and only when needed)
• Testing features for usability and making changes where necessary, taking an iterative, agile approach in collaboration with Product Managers, Developers and QA
• Stopping the line so that the line never stops.
• Portfolio of past work
• Available full-time on-site in Montreal, QC
• Expert knowledge of one or more of Balsamiq, Axure, Fireworks, and Illustrator
• Thorough understanding of HTML and CSS
• Google Docs & MS Office expertise
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• HTML, CSS coding skills
• Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver expertise
• MS Project or equivalent Gantt familiarity
• Brainstorming and facilitation skills
• Collaborative - you know how to build consensus and validate your designs
• Process oriented, but with a bias for getting things done over making plans
• Comfortable going out into the world for inspiration
• Competitive salary, healthcare coverage and other benefits.
• Position within a fast growing, dynamic company
• Casual dress code
• Free parking.
• All the cappuccino you can drink!
• Great work environment and other perks!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com