OPPORTUNITY: Office Assistant/Receptionist
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
Due to Haivision’s continued growth, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and personable Office Assistant/Receptionist for our expanding Montreal Office. Although reception tasks are a priority for this individual, duties will predominantly include assisting with various office and accounting administrative tasks to contribute to a smooth functioning of the office and administrative team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Reception duties (25% of time):
• Greet guests to the office in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner; offer refreshments and notify individuals of their arrival.
• Professionally answer all incoming phone calls and redirect to the appropriate individuals.
• Receive, sort and distribute mail.
• Handle and distribute incoming and outgoing faxes as necessary.
• Prepare courier packages.
• Order, receive, stock and maintain inventory of office supplies and other office products.
Accounting/Admin duties (75% of time):
• Process orders, including returns, demo orders and RMA.
• Prepare invoices.
• Serve as Accounts Payable back-up when necessary.
• Other clerical duties as required, including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing and assisting with drafting of documents.
Professional & Personal Requirements
• DEC in a relevant field.
• 2 years in a similar position or office environment.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word).
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, with a pleasant demeanor to make visitors feel welcome.
• Superior phone etiquette.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and French.
• Previous experience in order processing and/or invoicing an asset.
• ACCPAC knowledge an asset.
• Willingness to pitch in and help when necessary.
• Ability to perform and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• High level of professionalism and punctuality.
• Capability to act on own initiative, exercise good judgment and manage expectations.
• Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
• Ability to multi-task, with adaptability & flexibility to change.
• Competitive base salary.
• Healthcare and dental coverage.
• Free Parking.
• Unlimited cappuccino!
• Great work environment & other perks!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com