PR & Communications Manager
PR & Communications
OPPORTUNITY: PR & Communications Manager
EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Based in Montreal and Chicago, with offices worldwide, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering advanced IP video networking solutions. Haivision’s products and services are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies and in multiple markets including: healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; interactive broadcast applications; and federal and military applications. Haivision distributes its solutions through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a Public Relations and Communications Manager to help us continue reshaping and defining the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for planning, managing and overseeing the execution of public relations as well as developing digital communication strategies. The Public Relations and Communications Manager will be a key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights. In this role, you will develop, implement, and coordinate public relations and digital communications, with the goal of expanding Haivision awareness and visibility in multiple vertical markets, promoting our solutions, and establishing our thought leadership throughout target industries.
Job Purpose: A hands-on position that involves the development, management and execution of worldwide public relations and content-driven communications activities for Haivision.
• Create, manage and execute integrated, strategic
public relations plans that meet business goals, including the promotion of
brand, leadership, products/services and other related campaigns
• Develop story angles/messages in order to proactively contact the media with story ideas, interviews
• Manage media relations across multiple vertical markets to cultivate and maintain positive media coverage for Haivision
• Contribute to the development of key messages for trade and mainstream media and act as primary PR liaison and manager of press activities
• Craft press releases, circulate for approval and manage all distribution
• Coordinate, prepare and support Haivision spokespersons for media interviews
• Serve as one of the company’s key spokespersons for industry-related media interviews
• Provide communications support to key marketing and organizational efforts as required
• Interview customers and write up customer case studies for media pitches or as part of Haivision collateral
• Track editorial calendars for all relevant publications and pitch stories or new product announcements maximizing editorial coverage for the company across all vertical markets
• Research tradeshow activities in order to identify speaking opportunities and awards while adhering to submission requirements and deadlines
• Work with subject matter experts to craft and submit abstracts for speaking opportunities
• Develop digital communication strategies and oversee the implementation of social media programs and activities with support team
• Contribute to SEO strategy, keep up to date with new SEO developments and educate key stakeholders
• Track and analyze media pick up and report back to key stakeholders on results
• Manage PR budget
Professional & Personal Requirements
• University degree in Marketing, Media Relations,
Communications or related field
• 5-7 years related experience in the technology industry (preferably with IP video or streaming media knowledge and experience)
• Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, special events, etc.
• Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• Superior writing and proofing skills in English is a must
• Experience with B2B digital communication/social media activities
• Understanding of the high technology industry, current media landscape and competitive environment
• Self-motivated, comfortable and effective working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to provide direction to supporting team
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
• Superior organization, leadership and time management skills
• Knowledge of SEO is an asset
• Bilingualism (written and spoken) is an asset
• Competitive salary, healthcare/dental coverage
and other benefits
• Position within a fast growing, dynamic company
• Free parking and all the cappuccino you can drink!
If you are a qualified and interested candidate for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com